The complete system of Yoga positions (Asana) and dynamic movement (Vinyasa) from Ashtanga Yoga. This includes detailed pictures of all poses as well as explanations. Let it flow!
- Surya Namaskara A - Sun Salutation A- Ashtanga Yoga Practice
Surya Namaskara A - the first sun salutation –performed in five rounds at the start of practice of Ashtanga Yoga. Its nine movements are shown here with pictures and text.
- Surya Namaskara B - the second sun salutation in Ashtanga Yoga Pratice
Surya Namaskara B extends the flow of first sun salutation. Here we continue the Ashtanga Yoga practice with five repetitions, each consisting of 17 movements.
- Six standing poses become fundamental positions for Ashtanga Yoga
Yoga for beginners and advanced: Six standing positions compose, just after sun salutations, the fundamental positions for the Ashtanga Yoga practice.
- The finishing sequence: The Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practice ends
The finishing sequence rounds off each and every Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practice. These 16 Asanas are practiced systematically and provide a harmonious flow of energy.
- Primary Series of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga: yoga chikitsa (cikitsa)
Learned the basics? Now add primary series, Yoga Chikitsa (Cikitsa), in the middle of your Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practice - one by one you will learn 41 asanas.
- Nadi Shodhana (Sodhana): the intermediate series of Ashtanga Yoga
Familiar with the primary series? - intermediate Series, also Shodhana Nadi (Nadi Sodhana), opens with 40 yoga asanas, an energetic dimension of Ashtanga Yoga.
- Ashtanga Yoga Advanced A series: Sthira Bhaga - for advanced only
Ashtanga Yoga for advanced practitioners: 35 tough Asanas of third series (Advanced A) play with gravity. The reward: Sthira Bhaga, sublime serenity.
- Cheat sheets for the Ashtanga yoga series (PDF)
The perfect cheat sheet to place next to your yoga mat: Asana sequences in a small and practical format for downloading and printing. These cheat sheets contain photos of the fundamental poses as well as pictures of the first, second and third Ashtanga yoga series.
- Ashtanga Yoga - Led class with Ronald Steiner (MP3)
Let Ronald Steiner guide you through your Ashtanga yoga practice. The Ujjayi breathing can help you find the right rhythm for your practice. If you are looking for a more precise guideline, the lead classes on five more MP3s help you through the whole Ashtanga practice.