|Type||traditional Ashtanga (practice)|
What to expect in this tutorial?
Today Dr. Ronald Steiner and our Yogini Pia Prosser invite you to practice the traditional Finishing Sequence of the Ashtanga Vinyasa tradition along with them. As Ronald counts and Pia demonstrates, you can see and feel the rhythm that is carried throughout this sequence. In this way, you can learn the sequence so that you can integrate it into your own personal practice. At the very end of the sequence you will deepen the breath which will promote calming the body and mind.
For whom is this video?
You can begin right away with this video. Practice the Finishing Sequence independently or at the end of your regular practice. The choice is yours! Ronald's cues and counting are perfect for immersing yourself in a breath-led moving meditation.
- Minute 00:40 - Opening mantra
- Minute 02:25 - Downward Dog
- Minute 02:34 - Salamba Sarvangasana
- Minute 03:40 - Halasana
- Minute 04:08 - Karna Pidasana
- Minute 04:34 - Urdhva Padmasana
- Minute 05:12 - Pindasana
- Minute 05:36 - Matsyasana
- Minute 06:04 - Uttana Padasana
- Minute 06:50 - Sirsasana A
- Minute 07:30 - Sirsasana B
- Minute 07:58 - Sirsasana C
- Minute 09:38 - Yoga Mudrasana
- Minute 10:21 - Padmasana
- Minute 11:34 - Utplutih
- Minute 12:10 - Vinyasa to standing
- Minute 12:39 - Closing mantra
- Minute 13:45 - Vinyasa to Savasana
Have fun practicing. And feel free to share your experiences with the AYI Community by typing your comments in the box below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Many thanks to OGNX for the apparel (teacher and student).