|Type||therapeutic sequence (practice)|
In this guided meditation, Melanie and Martina invite you to mindfully focus on the present moment using a body scan. It is an excellent way to develop a sense of the inner-observer within you. This method can be used in daily life when you feel overwhelmed and need to reconnect, or to help ground you when you are confronted with stressful or emotionally challenging situations.
How its done
- external perception of senses
- Body scan from feet to the crown of the head
- breath as the connection between body and mind
- your thoughts (citta)
- your feelings
- sense of Being
When practicing be aware:
- When your concentration drifts away, bring your awareness to your breath, your hands and/or your feet.
- Start with 1 minute and build up to longer sits (5-10 minutes)
- Feel free to keep your eyes open during the practice if it is more comfortable.
- Keep in mind that feelings of depression can increase at first with this practice.
Many thanks to OGNX for the apparel (teacher and student).