|Type||teaching technique (tutorial)|
Stand to the practitioner's side, directly behind them. From this entry point you have a few options for adjustments.
1) You can help support a neutral spine by supporting the practitioner's back with one leg as you gently pull the upper shoulder back. With your other hand, you might facilitate breathing and bring awareness to the floating ribs.
2) Just as in variant 1 - draw the shoulder back softly to improve the quality of the twist. With the other hand you can support the proper rotation of the thigh.
3) Work with counter pressure: Apply pressure to the palm of the upper hand and encourage the student to push against you. This will offer help with lengthening and aligning towards a neutral spine.
4) Place your forearms on the torso of the practitioner, with either elbow at the hip and shoulder. Again, this is to promote lengthening and rotating the spine.
Effects of these adjustments
- Stabilizes student
- Lengthening and stabilizing the spine
- A new way for the practitioner to experience the asana
Why we recommend this video
In this video you will find several options for adjusting in Utthita Trikonasana. Choose the one you feel most comfortable with. This will vary based on your dimensions in relation to the practitioners . Therefore it is important to select an option that will bring the desired effect and where you can effectively anchor yourself and the student in.
This tutorial does not replace the guidance of a competent teacher. Each person has a unique body and a unique life experience. It is imperative that any teacher work sensitively, mindfully and with full respect for the student when offering any adjustment.
Many thanks to OGNX for the apparel (teacher and student).
Dieses Video ist exklusiv nur für unsere Mitglieder und nicht einzeln erhältlich.