M. Semimembranosus - half membranous muscle
- Sitting bones (Tuber ischiadicum)
- Condylus medialis der Tibia at the so called Pes anserinus profundus (Condylus medialis tibiae, Lig. popliteum obliquum, Fascia of the M. popliteus): As well as on the inside of the shin bone, on the very top of the knee joint.
- Hip joint: Extension, Adduktion (pull towards), slight outward rotation of the thigh
- Knee joint: Extention of the knee joint, inside rotation of the kalf
- L5-S1: A herniated disc in this area would impair this muscle.